2018-2019 School Calendar
Umatilla County and Stanfield Elementary School Immunizations Information
- Umatilla County - English and Spanish
- Stanfield Elementary School
- Stanfield Elementary School - Spanish
- Stanfield Elementary School - PreSchool
- Stanfield Elementary School - PreSchool - Spanish
SafeOregon is a progam created for Oregon students, parents, school staff and community members to report and respond to student safety threats. Tips can be submitted through tipsafeoregon.com (email), phone call or text, mobile app or the web portal. Tips are confidential and can be made anonymously.
For more information and to submit a tip, click here.
The Most Important Job is . . .
Helping your child understand that attending school every day is important to their success. Whenever possible, schedule doctor’s appointments for after school or on Fridays. Try to take family vacations during school breaks.
Helpful Hints to Make Sure Your Child Can Be Successful
These simple and practical ideas will help you and your family enjoy a successful year.
- Be involved in your child’s life. Ask them about their day and their friends. Spend time with them.
- Make a plan for after school activities. Schedule time for homework, play, clubs, sports, and practice.
- Scale back TV and video game time.
- Establish bed times for school nights.
- Establish a family reading time.
- Keep a large calendar. Mark each family member’s activities on it.
- Start a change jar so you will have spare lunch/school money on hand.
- Get your children in the habit of getting ready the night before. Set out clothes and put the backpack together.
Five Important Questions for You to Ask Your Child’s Teacher
Having the answer to these questions will help you help your child have a successful year.
- What is my child expected to learn?
- What are your homework and discipline policies?
- How can I become involved at school?
- What can I do at home to reinforce important skills being learned?
- What’s the best way to contact you?
If you want to help in the school, we would love to have you join us. Be sure you complete a volunteer form through the elementary school office.
Helping student’s succeed is a joint effort. Students are most successful when all three members – students, family, and school- are working together for the best interest of the student.
Below are sites that give parents practical advice for raising children.
- Parenting with love and logic (External Link)
Below are fun sites for kids and parents.
The following are external links unless otherwise noted.