SES Parking Lot Safety
January 10, 2017
Dear Stanfield Elementary School Parents:
I have become increasingly concerned about the dangerous conditions in our parking lot before and after school at Stanfield Elementary School. Drivers are not following the rules of the road and are continuing to ignore parking signs and regulations. I understand that the parking lot may not be large enough, however, we must do a better job of keeping our children safe. Please review and follow these suggestions in order to make our parking lot safer.
- Every student residing in the Stanfield School District can ride a bus to school. If you are uncertain about the routes or pick up/drop off time, please call Midco Bus Company at (541) 567-0551. Decreasing the amount of traffic through the parking lot will help keep our kids safer.
- The area along the front sidewalk of Stanfield Elementary School is for drop-off only (several signs are posted and there are four spots). This area is meant for dropping off students and continuing out of the parking lot. Please do NOT park your car in the drop off area and leave it unattended while you go into the building. If you are accompanying your child into the building, please park in the main lot or the lot between the school and the maintenance building.
- Please drop your students off in the indicated drop off areas. If all drivers would pull to the farthest open spot (because no one was parking there) traffic would move much more smoothly, and we would not have the traffic jam as cars come around the comer and drop offs are backed up. (This area, marked with orange cones, is NOT a drop off area.)
- Please do not park along the curb or in No Parking areas. (I know it is hard to tell where these areas are with all of the snow, however, if you are not in a spot in the lot-assume you are in a No Parking zone.) Parking in these areas makes it difficult for busses to move through the parking lot increasing the congestion and decreasing the safety.
- I have also noticed cars parked illegally in handicapped parking spots.
Starting today all busses will pick up students in the back parking lot; we will no longer have any busses picking up students at the end of the day in the front lot. This should allow for the car traffic to move more smoothly. We are also working with the bus company on some other changes that may help with traffic and safety.
Thank you for helping to keep our students and our community as safe as we can.